Thursday, May 12, 2016

We're Off To See

House elephants spun in the air
Landed thump in the land of Trump
Bottle blonde Elvis hair 
Broad shoulders 
Billionaire’s paunch
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

I am the great and powerful Winner
Whose saliva melted governors and senators
Made flying monkeys out of pundits and scribes
Of course we’ll build a wall on the border
The whole country will be my castle

I will give women the best deal
They can kiss my feet
While men must kiss my ass
This is progress
Equality
What makes America great
Again

I will expel all the demons
You blame for your decline
Call them names
Trump up charges against them
Who better than Trump
To do this?

Click your heels together 
And pull the lever
Punch the card
Mark the box
And embrace the Winner
As we sail over the rainbow
Taking the straw out of Scarecrow

Don Arrup
Satire1



No comments: