Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Airport Motel 2


(Scene: Mixture of late 60’s and early 80’s faux posh highway accommodation. A museum of bad taste. Ancient TV with rabbit ears on roller stand. Super King sized bed with red and gold comforter. Gouache oversized artless painting of a matador with the bull in the background.) 

(Enter Joe Biden in blue too short shorts and marathon runner’s white tank top with a Biden 20 bumper sticker pinned on. He throws his gym bag on the bed.)

Joe
The real campaign starts here.

(Enter from bathroom Nancy Pelosi in a teeny weeny blue bikini.)

Joe
Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a blue bikini before.

Nancy
You have.

Joe
No, I swear. Thousands of aqua or turquoise or white bikinis. A lot of white bikinis. It was the 60’s and the bikinis said look but don’t touch unless you’re buying.

Nancy
Institute of Notre Dame High School, Baltimore, Maryland. Class of Eat Me.

Joe
So you were a good Catholic girl studying under the nuns. You must have been there when Barbara Mikulski was there. 

Nancy
Babs was two years ahead of me but we were bosom buddies.

Joe
A lesbian Senator and a siren Speaker. Why’d you move to California, Nancy? What was wrong with the Old Line State? Your family practically owned it.

Nancy
Didn’t like you laying on top of me in Pennsylvania.

Joe
We could have changed the Mason Dixon line to the Biden D’Alesandro line. 

Nancy
You mean the D’Alesandro Biden line.

Joe
Presidents come first.

Nancy
I’ll remember that Mr. former Vice President.

Joe
I want your endorsement.

Nancy
I thought you just wanted me.

Joe
I want both. We could make a hell of a team between the branches.

Nancy
Warren and Harris have each got one of your legs and they’re both ready to make their wish.

Joe
Exactly why I need to be between your legs, Nancy.

Nancy
You can’t hide under my skirt.

Joe
Then I came here for nothing?

Nancy
Well, I am a party girl.

Don Arrup
Satire1

No comments: