Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer Brave

Occasion to beach. Overcast. Forecast unfavorable.
Sand flesh water.
The waves kept pulling my pants down.
I kept tugging them up.
Pockets full of water.
Sun. Sun block. Sun burn.
Clouds win.
Hard breeze or soft wind.

The new real world we lived in began with my birth.
Everything before my birth is Old Testament.
Of course, now a new real world is crashing down on us.
Somebody else must have been born and I can barely keep my pants up.
I don’t blame them for the sea. Well, I’ve never actually seen the sea. Just the ocean. I think you have to be at sea with nothing but water around you to see the sea. I don’t blame them.

Everything wrong with the world up to 2007 is my fault.
I’m not solely to blame for 2008 and 2009 is well, we’ll see.
And despite the endless rain here and the endless drought opposite it is still summer. Here and there. Moments really.
It’s a lousy summer. But it isn’t over yet. Amen.

Don Arrup
Satire1

No comments: