Friday, August 9, 2013

High Waisted Pants


I tend to listen better 
When I'm only half dressed
And find uncharacteristic humility
Half naked

A fact never lost on my wife
And common knowledge among doctors

The riot act read
As I sit on the examination table
Feet hanging off the edge
Feel like a kid while the Doc says I'm aged

Doc's right, of course
Right

Fried food doesn't taste good
Too much meat in the world
Salads satisfy
Cigars take too much time

And everyone everywhere
Loves to exercise

The watery decaf compliments perfectly
The bowl of crumbs
Soaking in the blue milk
Yum yum yum

Diet beer, soda water in wine
Bed before the news
Sex
Less frequent than crime

Age is all in the mind

If you don't look down
Or carry groceries up stairs
Or waste your time 
Counting hairs

Not so bad after a while
Soon you learn again to smile
But you never go back to the doctor
To feel better

Don Arrup
Satire1

No comments: