Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bush Haters Face Emotional Unemployment

I wanted him gone for eight long years, dreaming of America like Shangri-La and after the black guy gave the speech he walked down the steps and I feel empty. Its like he doesn’t care that I hate him anymore. I still hate Cheney but it just isn’t the same and he’ll probably die soon.

He invaded Vietnam and started trouble between Israel and the Palestinians who always got along swell before him.

Before he was president I weighed 20lbs less and had no gray hairs.

He charged me too much for my house and gave me diabetes.

I smoked cigarettes all day long as much as I liked wherever I liked and then his administration comes and I’m addicted.

Without George W. Bush to hate I just don’t know what my marriage is about anymore. We disagree about everything else. Hating the president was all we shared. Every night after hours of shouting and hiding and not listening we would find him, the destroyer of our lives, George W. Bush. I really never believed that Cheney had anything to do with us as a couple. My friends are deluded about that.

It was impossible to be a woman while he was in office.

I voted for him in 04 just so I could hate him for four more years. Hated him for four, voted for him in 04 and went on hating him for four more. If I hate the new guy I’m a bigot. God, I miss him.

Don Arrup
Satire1